Honda Freed Singapore
The forum of the Freeders
Welcome on the Honda Freed Singapore.

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member or join our community if you're not yet....

Enjoy this forum.

Good News - Honda Freed recall in progress

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Good News - Honda Freed recall in progress

Post by DADDYCOOL on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:44 am

using bro howard link, it came out with this detail for my recall:

"For more details, contact MOTORZONE MZ PTE LTD . Hotline Information: Angie Ang at 6846 8858"

As i had purchased my ride from Cars n Stars, i found it surprising that the contact given was for another company. confused

so i believe MOTORZONE MZ PTE LTD was responsible for bringing some FREEDs and selling to other PIs. cyclops

if this is the case, for those members whose PIs are no longer in existence; there could be a resolution!
cheers

PS: take note this is just my theory, will try to find out more! tongue

DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 12:32 pm

Bro wasted, there may be a case where Cars and stars bought from Motorzone, and again may be, motorzone was the first registered party in lta records who imported your car.

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

Today, i received 2 letters from LTA and PI.

As i guessed earlier, my PI (JiaLeong) was not the initial PI who imported my car, it was extended from other company.

Anyway, it's a kind of absurd that:
1. LTA says initial importer still in process of checking the recall issue
2. I'm happy that i received letter from my PI for the workshop appointment
3. On the same time, i'm kind of worry that workshop may only "adjust" the settings without having parts being replaced as per story earlier from one of you who had made appointment with the workshop pale

In blue: LTA letter, in Green: PI's letter.

Dear Mr Christian Tjahyono

Recall Honda Freed
FEEDBACK NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We refer to your email dated 24 Mar 11.

We wish to inform you that motor dealers or importers are required to notify the Land Transport Authority (LTA) once they are aware of any safety-related recall affecting vehicles that they have imported or sold and registered in Singapore . They are also required to inform owners of vehicles affected by the recall and make necessary arrangement to rectify the defects and update LTA on the progress of the recall rectification works regularly.

We wish to take this opportunity to share with you that depending on the nature of the recall initiated, it may not be necessary that vehicles registered here, which are of the same vehicle make and model or fall inside the recall chassis range will be affected in the recall. This could be due to differences in vehicle specifications (e.g. left-hand or right-hand drive) for different markets or the vehicle components used were from different component makers and etc.

In the event of vehicle recall initiated affecting vehicles imported by parallel importers, due to the smaller business set-up and resources, they would on average normally require more time - about 2 to 3 months to check/confirm with their overseas supplier on the affected vehicles. These include the order and freight in the improved parts, scheduling the affected vehicles for rectification and to report to LTA on the affected vehicles that they have sold.

Our records show that your vehicle SXXXXXH bearing chassis number GB31041205 imported by IST Trading (ISTT) falls within the recall chassis range for the recall initiated on 18 Feb 11. However, we understand that ISTT is still in the process of checking/confirming with their overseas supplier on the affected vehicles imported by them pertaining to this recall. You may wish to contact Mr xxxxxxxxx from ISTT at Hp: xxxxxx for assistance or clarification for the latest development pertaining to this recall.

If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me at tel: 65xxxxxx or my colleague Mr xxxxxxxx at tel: 65xxxxxx

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXX
for DEPUTY DIRECTOR
VEHICLE ENGINEERING DIVISION
LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY

Dear Sir/Madam

Subject: Recall campaign for Honda Freed

It has brought to our attention that the vehicle manufacturer of Honda has initiated a recall campaign for Honda Freed.
This is due to incorrect setting of the rocker arm and retainer portion, which may cause no enough lubrication when the engine idling (Please refer to Honda Japan Website for details).

Therefore, we are requesting you to send your vehicle to our workshop XXXXXXX to have your vehicle inspect and rectify from 1 April 2011 onwards.

Please present this letter to our workshop..........

Back to top Go down

Post by hooray_fun on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:48 pm

I have a similar experience also as bro wasted. e contacts is not my PI. Hence I called him up and he says LTA is consolidating all the affected owner details then will send to the dealer (MBM Wheelpower) 4 them to notify the owner. He says my group Abt 30-40 FREEDers. Sian....... pale
hooray_fun

Back to top Go down

Post by hooray_fun on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 9:55 pm

Tis is my detail->

Recall Details
1 Recall No. : R2011030017X01
Manufacturer Recall Date : 17 Feb 2011
Brief Description (As Provided by Motor Dealer) : Unexpected excessive friction occurs in case lubrication is insufficient between the rocker arm and the contact surface of the lost motion spring, the lost motion spring may move towards lateral direction. As a result, the lost motion spring stressed repeatedly and may fracture.
Date Rectified : Not rectified
For more details, contact  HOCK KON TRADING . Hotline Information:  CHEW BOON WENG at 64583198.
hooray_fun

Back to top Go down

Post by hooray_fun on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 10:04 pm

zachery707 wrote:Bro hooray_fun, check with the web u posted, stated No recall history found. Wats the next step?
Bro Zac & other freeder in same situation. I believe bro Seventer oredi answer yr question. Either u wait for letter or also write in to LTA.
If Heng Heng all also going to MBM Wheel Power, then we can all have a gathering there Laughing
hooray_fun

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:41 am

sevenseaters wrote:Today, i received 2 letters from LTA and PI.

As i guessed earlier, my PI (JiaLeong) was not the initial PI who imported my car, it was extended from other company.

Anyway, it's a kind of absurd that:
1. LTA says initial importer still in process of checking the recall issue
2. I'm happy that i received letter from my PI for the workshop appointment
3. On the same time, i'm kind of worry that workshop may only "adjust" the settings without having parts being replaced as per story earlier from one of you who had made appointment with the workshop pale

In blue: LTA letter, in Green: PI's letter.

Dear Mr Christian Tjahyono

Recall Honda Freed
FEEDBACK NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxx

We refer to your email dated 24 Mar 11.

We wish to inform you that motor dealers or importers are required to notify the Land Transport Authority (LTA) once they are aware of any safety-related recall affecting vehicles that they have imported or sold and registered in Singapore . They are also required to inform owners of vehicles affected by the recall and make necessary arrangement to rectify the defects and update LTA on the progress of the recall rectification works regularly.

We wish to take this opportunity to share with you that depending on the nature of the recall initiated, it may not be necessary that vehicles registered here, which are of the same vehicle make and model or fall inside the recall chassis range will be affected in the recall. This could be due to differences in vehicle specifications (e.g. left-hand or right-hand drive) for different markets or the vehicle components used were from different component makers and etc.

In the event of vehicle recall initiated affecting vehicles imported by parallel importers, due to the smaller business set-up and resources, they would on average normally require more time - about 2 to 3 months to check/confirm with their overseas supplier on the affected vehicles. These include the order and freight in the improved parts, scheduling the affected vehicles for rectification and to report to LTA on the affected vehicles that they have sold.

Our records show that your vehicle SXXXXXH bearing chassis number GB31041205 imported by IST Trading (ISTT) falls within the recall chassis range for the recall initiated on 18 Feb 11. However, we understand that ISTT is still in the process of checking/confirming with their overseas supplier on the affected vehicles imported by them pertaining to this recall. You may wish to contact Mr xxxxxxxxx from ISTT at Hp: xxxxxx for assistance or clarification for the latest development pertaining to this recall.

If you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me at tel: 65xxxxxx or my colleague Mr xxxxxxxx at tel: 65xxxxxx

Yours sincerely

XXXXXXXXX
for DEPUTY DIRECTOR
VEHICLE ENGINEERING DIVISION
LAND TRANSPORT AUTHORITY

Dear Sir/Madam

Subject: Recall campaign for Honda Freed

It has brought to our attention that the vehicle manufacturer of Honda has initiated a recall campaign for Honda Freed.
This is due to incorrect setting of the rocker arm and retainer portion, which may cause no enough lubrication when the engine idling (Please refer to Honda Japan Website for details).

Therefore, we are requesting you to send your vehicle to our workshop XXXXXXX to have your vehicle inspect and rectify from 1 April 2011 onwards.

Please present this letter to our workshop..........

Bro sevenseaters i referring to my earlier post sharing, your recall warranty workshop from PI is it TWM? Do share your plan forward & if it is TWM & u decided to pay a visit, do share what job they perform subsequently as well, cheers ... Smile
Also on the other hand on your concern (mine as well) that no part will be replaced as a result, i don't know in very detail the 'depth' of the problem for our recall but from the problem statement quoted "Unexpected excessive friction occurrs in case lublication is insufficient between the rocker arm and the contact surface of the lost motion spring, the lost motion spring may move towards lateral direction. As a result, the lost motion spring stressed repeatedly and may fracture." ([/url]https://vitas.lta.gov.sg/EvPublicEnquiryServlet?hdButtonName=view[/url]), the word 'in case' may suggest not necessary will result in the need to change of parts, thus inspection is carry out prior to disposition ... just my interpretation ... then again usually this kinda recall thingy the descriptions are rather vauge ...

Last edited by edlim1 on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by hooray_fun on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 9:56 am

Found tis on VinCar web site->
http://www.vincar.com.sg/tn-recalls.aspx
I also did a check on MBM Wheel Power. They handle almost all e recall cases in SG. 
Also found 5/6 comments negative->
http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/merchant_reviews.php?MID=10813
Si bei sian....... Siao Liao lor ...... Hopefully they do a good job with our ride......
hooray_fun

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 1:22 pm

MBM Wheel Power do handle alot of rich man rides... king

i personally been there 3 times, and only the last was not that good... Evil or Very Mad

but the last time was peak period at MBM, so i wont blame them... geek

but overall not bad but not cheap!
Laughing Sad

PS: Conspiracy Theory - servicing time longer cos they do expensive cars first?!!! Suspect

DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenseaters on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

edlim1 wrote:
Bro sevenseaters i referring to my earlier post sharing, your recall warranty workshop from PI is it TWM? Do share your plan forward & if it is TWM & u decided to pay a visit, do share what job they perform subsequently as well, cheers ... Smile
Also on the other hand on your concern (mine as well) that no part will be replaced as a result, i don't know in very detail the 'depth' of the problem for our recall but from the problem statement quoted "Unexpected excessive friction occurrs in case lublication is insufficient between the rocker arm and the contact surface of the lost motion spring, the lost motion spring may move towards lateral direction. As a result, the lost motion spring stressed repeatedly and may fracture." ([/url]https://vitas.lta.gov.sg/EvPublicEnquiryServlet?hdButtonName=view[/url]), the word 'in case' may suggest not necessary will result in the need to change of parts, thus inspection is carry out prior to disposition ... just my interpretation ... then again usually this kinda recall thingy the descriptions are rather vauge ...

Bro Edlim1,

my PI's workshop is AOTO pte ltd @ Enterprise Hub - Toh Guan
This saturday i'm going to visit them.
Will keep posted on the progress/result
But i certainly will not expect too much on the replacement parts.

Back to top Go down

Post by zachery707 on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:58 pm

Juz wait for letter, hopes my ride won't give any problems till then.
zachery707

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 8:08 pm

sevenseaters wrote:
edlim1 wrote:

Bro Edlim1,

my PI's workshop is AOTO pte ltd @ Enterprise Hub - Toh Guan
This saturday i'm going to visit them.
Will keep posted on the progress/result
But i certainly will not expect too much on the replacement parts.

Bro sevenseaters wish you a fruitful rectification, look forward for your update sharing Smile

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by hooray_fun on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 12:42 pm

Bro edlim1,
Wat is yr milleage?
It may all depends on the milleage clocked......the higher the number, the possibility of wear & hence replacement......
I got my ride in Aug 2009. I have done slightly more than 40,000km....
hooray_fun

Back to top Go down

Post by zachery707 on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:13 pm

Mine is about 42k, bought oct 2009. Haiz, no letter still.
zachery707

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:58 pm

hooray_fun wrote:Bro edlim1,
Wat is yr milleage?
It may all depends on the milleage clocked......the higher the number, the possibility of wear & hence replacement......
I got my ride in Aug 2009. I have done slightly more than 40,000km....

bro hooray_fun my ride in Dec 09, miledge ~25K

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:43 pm

[quote="edlim1]bro hooray_fun my ride in Dec 09, miledge ~25K[/quote]

aah... bro edlim... we same same Dec09... Twisted Evil

but mileage coming 27K!
Evil or Very Mad

DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:35 am

wasted wrote:[quote="edlim1]bro hooray_fun my ride in Dec 09, miledge ~25K

aah... bro edlim... we same same Dec09... Twisted Evil

but mileage coming 27K!
Evil or Very Mad [/quote]

hi bro wasted your miledge also quite close to mine Smile usage profile similar Smile i go khang's automatic or sparks for my servicing, u leh?

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:22 am

bro edlim, my servicing at MBM Wheel Power! Smile

was the designated workshop! i also lazy to try others! tongue

btw bro your ride also OPC?
confused

PS: are you staying in SK area or nearby? cyclops

DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:58 pm

bro wasted, oic on servicing i go khang & sparks also bcos authorise warranty workshop, my ride not opc leh ...

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 8:59 pm

edlim1 wrote:bro wasted, oic on servicing i go khang & sparks also bcos authorise warranty workshop, my ride not opc leh ...

WOW ur ride not OPC but mileage less than me!!! Sad

somewhere got something wrong!
Laughing

DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:34 pm

how about me? where is my #$@%#$^# letters? hihihihihih!!!
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

wasted wrote:
edlim1 wrote:bro wasted, oic on servicing i go khang & sparks also bcos authorise warranty workshop, my ride not opc leh ...

WOW ur ride not OPC but mileage less than me!!! Sad

somewhere got something wrong!
Laughing

bro wasted correct leh, u got me worried, at the time of writing this msg i didnt look at my physical car odo but i look back on my latest svc chit on 30 Mar indicate miledge 23820km, with one wk+ past since then, shld b 25K there about leh ... my last ride for 4 yrs also rather low miledge, clocked 56290km before my present ride Very Happy

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by DADDYCOOL on Sat 09 Apr 2011, 3:00 am

aah... bro edlim... i have figured out your low mileage... Idea

your working place is below your living quarters? Laughing

PS: can i anyone figure out my high mileage? Twisted Evil

DADDYCOOL

Back to top Go down

Post by edlim1 on Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:42 am

wasted wrote:aah... bro edlim... i have figured out your low mileage... Idea

your working place is below your living quarters? Laughing

PS: can i anyone figure out my high mileage? Twisted Evil

i sure wish work place so near home Very Happy , then i can wear my odometer round my leg liao, walk to work can oready Very Happy
bro, no magic to mileage it all depend on individual usage profile, i very lean i think, only drive for work & wkend for family mostly ..

edlim1

Back to top Go down

Post by Epixel on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 2:09 pm

Finally got a recall letter from my PI, (AutoRich). But I realised it refer me to other workshop near ubi for the motion coil replacement, I need to pay $160 for labour.

where TWM offer me free of charge because I am under their warrantly.

Need advise to go to TWM or my PI delicated workshop? Will TWM change the parts accordingly?

Epixel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top